Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder, broadly classified as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, and gestational diabetes. Diabetes occurs due to either insufficient insulin production in the pancreas (Type 1 diabetes) or the inability of the body to utilize the insulin produced by the pancreatic gland (Type 2 diabetes). Gestational diabetes specifically occurs during pregnancy.  Insulin is a hormone secretes from islets of Langerhans, present in the pancreas. Insulin plays a key role in blood sugar regulation. Increase blood sugar level or hyperglycemia is the primary sign of uncontrolled diabetes. Prolonged uncontrolled diabetes damages different organ systems of the body by negatively affecting blood vessels and nerves. 
The global incidence of diabetes is increasing day by day and become one of the primary reasons for premature death. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) report, almost 451 million adults across the globe were suffering from diabetes in 2017. Moreover, it has been estimated that it will be reached to 693 million by 2045 if no effective preventive measures are adopted.  Therefore, worldwide diabetes becomes an alarming health condition.
Cowpathy Diabetes and Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a traditional medicinal practice originating from India in 1000BC. In the late 1970s, the World Health Organization recognized the traditional medicinal benefits and helps in improving the global acceptance of Ayurveda. Numerous case reports have shown a remarkable improvement of type 2 diabetic condition of the patients who developed insulin resistance and subsequently body unable to regulate blood sugar level. The basic concept of Ayurveda is to establish a healthy relationship between the mind, body, and soul by connecting physical, spiritual, and physiologic processes. Individualized diet, exercise, and lifestyle measures along with procedural and herbal medicinal prescriptions are the elements used by the Ayurvedic practitioners for bringing back the patient’s physiological factors in an optimal level to achieve health. 
Unhealthy lifestyle choices are often identified as the cause of type 2 diabetes. Overweight or obesity (more than 25 BMI), family history, sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity, a poor diet like intake of high-calorie food, saturated and trans fats intake, consumption of refined carbs to increase the glycemic load, low fiber consumption, smoking, and alcohol consumption are a considerable risk factor for developing type 2 diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association has acknowledged that exercise, diet, and lifestyle modifications must be applied to treat type 2 diabetes. Medical researchers also found that moderate to vigorous exercise for 30 minutes per day, under controlled BMI (<25), cereal with high fiber diet, low intake of trans fat, quitting smoking, measured amount alcohol (less than 45gm) consumption could reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. These measures also help to control blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.  Therefore, the integration of the Ayurveda medicinal system along with healthy lifestyle measures can help in diabetes management by preventing, reversing, and controlling the glycemic burden. Combination of this therapeutic approach does not provide only symptomatic relief but correct the metabolic disorders, the root cause of the disease in a better way.
Healthy lifestyle can reduce the diabetes-related complications
A healthy lifestyle is of utmost need for individuals who are suffering from diabetes for prolong period to reduce the risk of diabetes-induced complications. For example:
- Regular physical activity reduces the risk of complications by improving blood pressure control in diabetic patients.
- Moderate to vigorous physical exercise can reduce the risk of cardiovascular mortality among diabetic patients. This also helps to control BMI, blood pressure, and total cholesterol levels.
- Weight management and dietary modification such as adopting a low–glycemic index eating pattern are effective to improve cardiovascular disease (CVD) markers and reduce CVD risk.
- Quit smoking reduces the risk factor of CVD in diabetic patients. 
Gomutra (Cow Urine) medicinal benefits
In Ayurveda, Gomutra is compared with “Sanjivani” and “Amrita”. Ashtanga Sangraha, Sushruta Samhita, and other Ayurvedic texts elaborately explained the therapeutic properties of Gomutra. US Patents (No. 6,896,907 and 6,410,059) have granted cow urine for its medicinal properties, specifically as a bio enhancer and as an antibiotic, antifungal and anticancer agent. It is not a toxic waste material of cow but contains many essential nutrients.
Composition of Gomutra
- Water – 95%
- Urea – 2.5%
- A mixture of salts, minerals, enzymes and hormones and enzymes – 2.5%
The chemical composition present in Gomutra can modulate different physiological functions, which are as follows.
- It enhances the activity of T and B lymphocytes and regulates IgG, IgA, and IgM antibody levels which improve the immune functioning of the body. Aurum hydroxide (swarn kshar), an element present in Gomutra also acts as an immunity booster.
- Gomutra can prevent and control infectious diseases by increasing the phagocytic activity of macrophages.
- Urea, creatinine, aurum hydroxide (swarn kshar), calcium, manganese carbolic acid, and other phenolic components present in Gomutra exhibit antimicrobial and germicidal properties.
- The presence of allantoin and the strong antioxidant property of uric acid in Gomutra have anticancer properties. Allantoin also promotes wound healing.
- Different components present in Gomutra help to maintain cardiovascular health. Like,
- kallikrein acts as a vasodilator;
- urokinase is an enzyme that acts as a fibrinolytic agent;
- uric acid, nitrogen, hippuric acid, and phosphates jointly act as diuretic agents;
- ammonia maintains the integrity of blood corpuscles;
- calcium, nitrogen, sulfur, and sodium components act as blood purifiers;
- iron and erythropoietin stimulating factors maintain hemoglobin levels.
- Nitrogen acts as a renal stimulant and other urinary components of Gomutra act as diuretic agents to maintain renal health.
- The presence of copper in Gomutra exerts an anti-obesity effect
- The presence of calcium in the Gomutra promotes skeletal/bone health
- Aurum hydroxide and copper are antidotes for various poisons in the body.
- Gomutra also increases the activity of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone which is an essential reproductive hormone.
- It exhibits antitoxic activity against cadmium chloride.
- Gomutra can be used as a bio enhancer for zinc. 
Note: Distillate cow urine is more effective as a bio enhancer than cow urine. 
Gomutra and Diabetes
Scientific researchers claimed that Gomutra has antidiabetic and antioxidant properties. Preclinical research findings also supported that regular consumption of Gomutra ark for 28 days could reduce mean blood glucose level. Thus, it has been proven that the Gomutra ark significantly lowering the blood sugar level. The exact mechanism of action of Gomutra as an anti-diabetic is not yet discovered. But researchers expected that sulfur present in cow urine might have acted like sulphonylureas, or it might be increasing insulin receptors sensitivity, or causing an increasing amount of insulin release. 
Another research study result also reported that cow urine and herbal preparation showed better antidiabetic activity than did the preparation prepared using distilled water.  This means the addition of Gomutra in antidiabetic herbal preparation gives synergistic action in controlling blood sugar levels.
Shop the Gomutra Diabetes products here
how to take gomutra ark?/dosage
10 ML mixed with a teacup of water early in the morning before breakfast.
Excellant article …